It finally happened at about 1:45am this morning... I got up for Ruby's first feeding around 1:30am after having just gotten her to sleep at about 11:30pm last night. I had been up since 3:35am yesterday morning... (Yes, 3:35 in the AM! Ruby was up to nurse and then at the wonderful hour of 4:30 our precious son, Sawyer, awoke for the day.) I was exhausted by the time Ruby finally went to sleep last night and SO not ready for her to be up just 2 short hours later...
Luckily, Ruby didn't want to nurse much, she just wanted some cuddles. So, she went back to sleep after about 15 min. I shuffled sleepily off to the potty. I sat down and started to tinkle. Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement on the floor... Movement on the floor can NOT be good at 1:45 in the morning in the near dark... No, not good!
IT WAS HUGE. Never in my life have I seen a bigger bug, or one with longer antenna's. It was scampering towards me very fast. Quickly, I threw a towel over it. I tried to pretend I didn't see what I knew I saw and finished tinkling...
I think I woke Jon up... I don't really remember waking him up, but when I got back to bed he woke up (and this morning he told me I woke him). So, since he was up, I told him there was a HUGE bug in the hallway covered up with a towel. Off he went to potty for himself and investigate the bug.
When he came back, I asked "WHAT.WAS.THAT?". Jon said, "Welcome to Texas. That was a Texas Cockroach." I asked him "Was that a BIG one?". He said "Yeah, it was pretty big." Then, he rolled over and went back to bed.
I laid in bed for almost an hour, unable to fall back asleep. Imagining thousands of these monsters taking over my home... It literally gave me heart burn. The cockroach gave me heart burn at 1:50 in the morning. Super Awesome.
This morning, I asked Jon if it was really a big one or was he just saying it was and there were bigger ones out there... (Which, I seriously don't think could be possible. That thing was as big as a large mouse! At least, that's how I viewed it at 1:45 in the AM) Jon said that it was one of the largest he had seen and said it was about 2". (It was WAY bigger than 2"...) It took him two flushes for it to flush... Gross, gross, gross. OH.SO.VERY.GROSS!
So, I've now seen a Texas cockroach. He is gone, his family is hiding behind the walls and I am now petrified to go potty at night.
Monday, December 7, 2009
The Wait is Over...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahaha! oh my gosh! i bet it's awful! cockroaches don't bother me at all for some reason, but maybe that's because i've never seen a texas cockroach!
so sorry about the sleep... if it makes you feel bettr Tav has been up every hour of the night the past two nights, and i've been home alone with him without any help... :( and another on the way. can't wait for the sleep deprivation.
Oh Honey!!! I remeber it well!! Coackroaches everywhere!!! Slept with the covers up to my nose every night for a year! At least they don't bite. :-)
Love you! Mom
It sounds like a water roach to me. They are huge! Hate them also -- Grandmother Bertha has them occasionally. Spray some bug killer when the kiddies are out of the house ..... the roaches will die!
Post a Comment