"Somewhat healthy" because there is a mad amount of sugar in this! But, there is also a huge helping of spinach and fruit. So "somewhat healthy" works as a nice title.
I have been wanting to share this Julius recipe with you for a while, but every time I make them the kitchen is a mess and I can't take pictures. So when I made these this morning I decided I no longer cared it you all saw my dirty dishes. Just try not to look too closely!
There definitely is a healthier way to make a spinach smoothie, but I prefer starting out with an Orange Julius type recipe.
Somewhat Healthy Fruity Julius
1 12oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 can water
1 can milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 egg
3 cups spinach, divided
4 cups frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or a combo), divided
In a blender combined orange juice concentrate, water, milk, vanilla and egg. Blend until well combined.
Pour half of the orange mixture into a large glass and set aside.
To the remaining orange mixture add 1½ cups spinach. Blend until combined. Add 1½ cups frozen fruit of choice. Blend until well combined and desired consistency is reached.
You may want to add ice cubes or more frozen fruit if Julius is runnier than you would like.
Pour into glasses for serving.
Repeat steps with remaining half of orange mixture.
Makes 4-8 smoothies.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Somewhat Healthy Fruity Julius
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What an awesome recipe! I haven't had an Orange Julius in forever!
I saw your question about the butter in the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie recipe I posted - the stick count is correct, it's 1 stick of butter or 1/2 cup of butter. So sorry for the confusion!!
Post a Comment