When Jon asked me what I would think about moving south for the winter, meaning moving to Texas where his family is from, I was like "For the winter? As in, NOT a permanent move?... Sure!"
Since Sawyer was born, Jon and I have been trying to "make it" with him working and me staying at home. We have discovered that at least for the next bit we both need to be working... However, we do not want to put the kids in daycare.
So, we started discussing moving more seriously and weighing the pro's of MN vs. TX. Basically, what it comes down to is 1.) Where can Jon work year round? 2.) Where will we have the most help with kiddo's so I can work too?
A few things happened to effect our decision and they happened in not necessarily this order...
#1 ~ Jon was asked to interview for the Youth Director position that opened up at our church. He did interview, however he wasn't offered the job.
#2 ~ (This requires some background info) My mom, aunt, grandpa, grandma and uncle have had their own business for going on 12 years called MSW. Having their own business allowed my aunt and uncle to have their kids with them at the office. And, when necessary, my mom would have Audrey at the office with her as well. Business has been good and it's been bad... Finally reaching a point where we were all praying for someone to come along and buy the business! And guess what? Someone did this summer! GREAT NEWS!!! However, this meant that my mom would be taking a new job with the company purchasing MSW and would no longer be able to watch grandkiddo's while working.
#3 ~ My aunt was going to start a Daycare after MSW sold. So, I could have gotten a job and had the kiddo's stay with her. Unfortunately, this didn't work out and she started working with the company that is now renting out the office building MSW used to office out of.
#4 ~ The weather is more mild in TX and there isn't 6 months of snow and snot freezing cold. So, Jon will be able to get a job that will most likely have work year round!
#5 ~ Jon's mom, although very busy with her younger kids (Jon is the oldest of 6) homeschooling and such, will have some time to watch our kiddo's when I get a part-time job of some sort (most likely waitressing...).
Ba Da Bing ~ Ba Da Boom we're moving to TEXAS
Winter has blasted into the North a bit sooner than usual. Jon hasn't been able to work a full work week in about 2 weeks... He's been making contacts in TX looking for a job and we've been praying for something to come through... Well, he called this afternoon to let me know he has a job! AWESOME! Oh, and it starts October 26th! YEAP ~ in just a bit over a week! What does this mean? Well, it means we'll be Texans sooner than planned. As in, we're moving ONE WEEK from this Saturday!...
Also, more and more, this move has become permanent, not seasonal. It's a bit bitter sweet for me. I'm excited about moving and being near Jon's family. I think it will be really great for our family. But, I'm sad about leaving my family and friends... All my friends who don't live in MN still come back here to visit. With us living in TX, I'll miss out on seeing them too...
I guess everyone will have to make plans to come visit us!
OK. Just wanted to give everyone a quick update! Gotta start packin' now :-)
Friday, October 16, 2009
Ba Da Bing ~ Ba Da Boom TEXAS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I"m excited for my first trip to TX, I've never been and now I have a few really good reason to go! Love you, Becky
I remember a very good friend who moved to Texas back in 1982(?)and it broke my heart. She took my special little friend(you, Deanna) with. After keeping in touch for a bit,(by snailmail) we lost touch, raised our families and now we are in touch frequently, and at the touch of a keyboard! Life is good, friends are precious, especially after you reconnect!
God bless you always! Safe travels. Looking forward to using cyberspace to stay in touch! (something we didn't have "in the old days"!) Take care!
Hugs,
Pam Laffen
Post a Comment