First off - To all my family in MN I(/we) MISS YOU!!! Weird to be blogging to you all now instead of the family here...
Moving Day/The Drive ~ When planning the move to Texas, Jon and I both thought it would be best to drive through the night with Sawyer and Ruby so they would sleep. I was definitely on board with this travel plan thinking that I had made many a long road trip and traveled through the night without a problem, so this trip would be no different...
Friday, Oct. 23rd. My family all gathered at our place. We had pizza and took lots of pictures as our Fuller family got ready to leave. We left around 6:40pm. My family and bestest of best friends stayed to wave us off. Once I got in Jon's truck (which I drove with Ruby and Texas for passengers, while Jon drove the Uhaul with Sawyer and towed my car), I couldn't look out the window at anyone... I knew I would totally loose it and probably not put the truck in 1st gear (yes a stick shift for almost 1,000 miles... FUN!) and drive out of driveway... But, put the truck in 1st gear I did and we were off to Texas! The 2nd big move of 2009!!!
I was feeling great for the first few hours! Ruby and Texas were sleeping soundly and I had the radio and my thoughts for company. I was feeling very positive that we could make it to Fort Worth without stopping to sleep... HaHa ~ Really? What was I thinking? Somehow I had totally forgotten how sleep deprived I was to begin with... Ruby is a good sleeper, but she is still up every 3 hours or so to nurse. So, I haven't gotten more than about 3 hours of consecutive sleep in 7 weeks. Not the best conditions to be making an all night road trip cross country in!
We made it until about 2:30am until I really had to stop driving. We were somewhere between Kansas City and Wichita... I was knodding off and all the caffeine I had pumped into my body completely stopped working. We pulled over at a gas station for a couple hours. I think Jon got some good sleep in. I however nursed Ruby and she stayed fussy for most of the time... But, it was so nice to stop driving and relax for a bit!
We got back on the road around 4:30am and even though we had to stop every couple hours because I was so darn tired we still managed to make it to Fort Worth about 2:30pm. Jon's family was out in the front yard waving to us and it was great to see their smiling faces! I got out of the truck and handed Ruby right over to her Gramma Jan :-)
(For those of you who don't know, we are staying at Jon's parents house for this next chapter of our lives. They have a little one bedroom apartment on their property and are letting us stay here for a while!)
We spent the rest of Saturday afternoon and Sunday hanging out with family.
What We've Been Up To ~ Well, the apartment needed a little bit of sprucing up before we could move in... So, Sawyer, Ruby and I have been sleeping Jon's youngest sister Libby's room. Libby got booted to the couch for a week (Sorry, sweetie!). And, Jon has been sleeping in an extra bedroom all by his lonesome.
The apartment has gotten a fresh coat of paint! It looks great :-) Jon's aunt Ronda came over earlier in the week and started priming the front room for us. Jon primed the kitchen and the bedroom and then painted all three rooms. The paint has really brightened up the place! Jon ripped up the carpet in the front room and the wood floors that were under it look good. They would look great sanded and sealed, but we aren't going to do that at this time...
Today Jon and I have been arranging the furniture. Our front room has the couch and TV in one half and the other half has our desk/office. This is the only room that is currently completely set up (besides decorating). Our bedroom, which all 4 of us share, has our bed and the kids's cribs set up, but there is still a bunch of boxes and stuff all over the place. I will hopefully get working on the kitchen tomorrow.
So, things are moving along and we are settling in. I think tonight will be our last night in the main house and tomorrow we'll be out in the apartment. Hopefully!
Jon's worked a couple days at his new job. He didn't have to work a couple of days because of the rain, which was actually kind of nice because he got work on the apartment! So far things with the new job look good :-)
The kid's and I have just been hanging out... It's hard to do a lot with moving when you have an 18 month old and newborn... Libby has been great with the kids! She plays with Sawyer and cuddles with Ruby, she even changes diapers!!!:-)!!! She is an AWESOME auntie! On Monday nights the sisters and sister-in-law get together for dinner. So, this past Monday I went to dinner with Laurie (Jon's sister) and Liz (Jon's brother Daniel's wife). Usually Lindsay (another one of Jon's sisters) is there too, but she couldn't make it this week. Other than that, I've basically stayed around the house...
Tonight, I'm home alone with the kiddo's. Jon's youngest brother Brandon is playing his last football game of the season tonight and the whole family is there. I didn't go because the game didn't start until 7:30 which is Sawyer's bedtime and the weather isn't too great for having a newborn outside... I'm bummed to miss the game because it would have been fun to get out of the house a bit. But... Then I wouldn't have been able to Blog! :-) Or, catch up on the Blog's I like to read. Or, quietly enjoy a cup of hot coco while reading my book. So, the evening alone has actually been kind of nice.
I have a bunch of pictures to share, but I'm not able to use the internet on my computer. I'll add them when I can :-)
First week in Texas down, and many, many, MANY more to go!
Friday, October 30, 2009
The Drive and What We've Been Up To
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Great update Honey!!! Dad and I just read this and WE Miss you all too! Verry much! Keep the information coming. We love you! Hugs and kisses! Mom and Dad
Post a Comment