Saturday, April 17, 2010

Aww, Date Night

The nice thing about Jon's crazy work schedule is he usually makes it home early on Friday's so we can start date night at 4pm! This is wonderful because we can still go out for a few hours and be home at a decent hour.

Last night Jon and I dropped the kiddo's off with Auntie Liz and headed to the Omni/IMAX Theater to see AVATAR. Since Avatar is coming out on video April 22nd, we figured we should make it to the theater to see the movie. If you haven't seen Avatar - GO SEE IT NOW - before it's no longer in the theater. Go see it at your local IMAX, it's worth the extra money!

After the movie we wanted to go somewhere we hadn't been to eat/have a couple drinks. So we drove around near the theater and I spotted a sign that said The Ginger Man outside of a cute little patio and bar. The Ginger Man sign boosted to have many handcrafted beers on tap, which is a weakness of mine. So, we pulled a U-ee and went in.

The Ginger Man may very well be my new favorite spot in Texas (we didn't eat, but the food looked good!). We sat out on the patio/beer garden and I was reminded of Billy's on Grand Ave in St. Paul but a more grown up version. The beer selection was FAB. I finally got to try Grolsch, a lager from Holland. I've been wanting to try Grolsch since seeing it in the movie Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow. I wanted to try it because the bottle looks cool and I liked it! Jon had Murphy's Irish Amber (Here's what Wikipedia says about the Irish Red. I love Wikipedia!). It wasn't my favorite Amber of all time, but it was good.

We decided we had time for a second beer. I had 512's Wit beer and it was num, num, nummy! A good wheat beer always tastes like summertime to me :-) Jon went for the Irish Amber again.

While we were there, a group of officers from the Marines were celebrating one of their CO's for his two years of service. This prompted Jon to tell me a story about some, what he termed, "Sh*t Birds" while he was in the marines. The story he told isn't important (well, it was to me at the time, but it won't be to you). Jon NEVER swears anymore, so I was shocked to hear him say the "s" word TWICE. I commented on this and Jon said "It's ok. It's just us and sh*t is the grown-up crap." I thought that was funny! :-)






GREAT DATE NIGHT! Avatar and The Ginger Man, one of the best dates ever!

1 comments:

G'ma Lori said...

You two are so CUTE! Sounds like a fun evening. :-) I can't believe how long your hair is!!! You both look great!