Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Trip to the Dr.'s Office

After months of trying to get health insurance, choosing a plan and selecting a primary doctor, we were approved and I finally got the kiddo's an appointment for their Well Check-Up's last week.

I knew Sawyer was doing fine. He's been healthy since birth. And, although Ruby has been healthy too, I worry about her more because of her first week out in the world with us... (First Week, Part 1 & First Week, Part 2) She hadn't been seen by a doctor since she was three weeks old and I was starting to get anxious for an "expert" to tell me she is developing as she should.

Sawyer's Stats:


Weight - 29lbs
Height - 36.75"

He's in the 90th% for height and 50th% for weight.

Ruby's Stats:


Weight - 17lbs
Height - 27.5"

She's in the 90th% for height and 50th% for weight. She's grown 8" and gained about 12lbs since birth. Mama's milk works wonders :-)

The doctor said my kiddo's are tall and skinny... Skinny? I don't think so... I think there are some extremely chunky babies out there throwing the percentages off a bit because my kiddo's are NOT skinny!

Ruby's belly button is doing great. The doctor said the opening to the hernia is very small now and that as she continues to grown the extra skin will go away. Her belly button should be completely normal! Thank goodness!

Both the kiddo's got shots. We did Sawyer's first and I held him in my lap. He screamed OUCH, MOMMY THAT HURTS!!! It was pretty terrible. He didn't want to band aids, even though they were cool blue camouflaged ones, and kept ripping them off. While I was trying to distract him and calm him down, the nurse gave Ruby hers. She squawked just a bit, but calmed right down. She got pink camo band aids and once Sawyer saw his matched hers he thought they were cool.

All in all, it was a good appointment! I'm very happy to have insurance and two healthy, BEAUTIFUL children :-)

0 comments: