Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fuller Family Christmas Vacation - Destination: Lawton, OK

We left town for our trip to Texas on the evening of Wednesday, December 17th. Jon was up and out the door at 3am that morning for snow plowing... (YUCK!) I had to get a new car seat for Sawyer since he had out grown his old one... And, we were on the road at 5pm! Destination: Lawton, OK

Jon drove for the beginning of the trip and I took over in Iowa. I think I only drove for a couple hours because I can't see well in the dark... We made it to Kearney, MO around 1am and decided to try and stop for the night. But, hotels were expensive and Jon decided he was going to try and drive through the night (he'd already been up for almost 24 hours)!
I fell asleep and Jon got us safely to Lawton, OK around 8am. It was a little out of our way, but Jon wanted to visit a friend that he hadn't seen in awhile. Sawyer was amazing! He slept most of the time and when he did wake up, we just changed his diaper, gave him a bottle and he went right back to sleep :-}
Here is a picture of Jon and Sawyer with Josh and his son Brody. Brody is about 2 years old.

We had planned on staying the night in Lawton, but Josh's wife, Lauren thought she was going into labor! (She was due Dec. 18th) So we only stayed for the day... Jon and I both got a little nap in and then we were back on the road again! Destination: Aubrey, TX!

0 comments: