Calling this Lady "Little" has turned out to be very true... The statistics go that the Uterus should grow and measure in centimeters what you are in weeks for your pregnancy. So, 32 weeks pregnant would equal 32cm... Well, I've been measuring small for my Uterian (is that a word?) growth. At my 30 week appointment I measured 28cm. Today's stats are 32 weeks, 3 days pregnant and 27cm... How'd my Uterus shrink??!! Also, I gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks, making my total weight gain 16lbs so far... I got fatter and my Uterus shrunk! I don't get it?...
The upside to being "little" is that you get to have more Ultra-Sounds. Usually you only get 1 or 2, the last one being around 20 weeks for anatomy where the baby is looked at to make sure all it's parts are growing properly and the sex can be determined (if you want to know). So, I got to see our little Lady again today! She is still a lady :-) Has 10 finger and toes and she even has hair! Everything checked out OK, she is just "little". I'll have another Ultra-Sound again in a few weeks to make sure that she is still growing properly.
Now, the downside of being "little" is that I am most likely going to be late... Not good news for a lady who is so over being pregnant!!! Of course this is just my guess, my due date hasn't been changed and probably won't be... I am just feeling really tired of being pregnant. I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER and I am anxious to start this next chapter of parenthood with two kiddos! Plus, I don't feel little, I feel HUGE! And, super uncomfortable all the time... I can't imagine what I'd be feeling like if I was spot on for where I'm supposed to be...
There's just so much pressure to not gain too much weight. But, then you're not gaining enough, or your Uterus is too small... So many things to think about and worry over on top of everything else in life... Yeap, I'm just ready for it all to be over with. Bring on the madness of two kids under 2, not showering for days, boob leakage, not getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time. At least all that is manageable, for the most part it's under my control. I can't control my Uterian growth...
I'm having Braxton Hicks (practice contractions) like crazy! I never had these with Sawyer, at least that I was aware of, and it is interesting. It's like a little glimpse of the pain that is to come. Thank you Lord for these "little" practices. Nugget is also a kicker and puncher. She's jammin' out in my tummy all the time now. It's uncomfortable, but not painful and I actually kind of like it. I like knowing she's moving around in there, having a little baby party!
Hhmmm, what else? Did I mention I'm "little"? HaHa!
I feel I should say something positive as well. I really like my hair, it's super shiny :-) Thank you pregnancy for that!
Friday, August 7, 2009
32 Weeks with Little Lady Fuller
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hahaha! your hair DOES look great! and YOU look great as well, i can't believe how trim and ripped you look! i have zero expectations for how much wait i will or wont gain with this pregnancy. hmm... being late wont be fun hunny, i really hope that doesn't happen. by the way, i remember you telling me one time (when we were pregnant with the boys) that you hoped i would love being pregnant as much as you, and i do now! of course, i'm not huge yet (obviously) or sick, so that could have something to do with it. i'm sure that tone will change when i'm 9 months.
THIRTY TWO WEEKS! you're almost done! congrats!
its almost over! late is not so bad, better that she come in her time!
Oh no, are those the gauchos again?! ;)
Jenny - Yes! These pics are from the same day I saw you. I am totally blaming you for inspiring me to wear them because now I've rediscovered just how comfy they are :-) HaHa!
You look beautiful Honey! Keep enjoying those "kick-fests" - those are the bonuses of pregnancy! Other bonus: great hair! God bless!
Pam
Post a Comment