Monday, August 31, 2009

To You, Little Lady Fuller...

I made a blankie for my little girl this weekend! It is the first baby thing I have ever made and I am quite proud of myself :-) I would love to be great at sewing and being able to make things for my kiddos. This is a good start!

This side is soft, snuggle flannel. It's kind of hard to tell, but it is lime green and white striped.

Then, this side is cotton multi-colored owls. The whole blankie is edged with Picots in a purple flower design.

I made the blankie with lots of help from my sister-in-law April. The women in her family have been making blankie's like this one for generations.

We started off tacking down the Striped side to boards (similar to quilting). Then added a layer of batting for fluff. Topping it with the Owls and then tying all three layers together.

We cut the Picots into squares, folded them into the points, pined them and then sewed them all together in a line.

Then, we sewed the Picots onto the Owl side of the blanket. Folded the Striped side over to match up with the Owls and pined it down. Finally, sewing everything together.

It took 8 hours total on Saturday afternoon to complete the blankie from start to finish... Without April and her mom Jen's help, it would have taken me twice as long!

Here are more pictures of the blankie and little things I have been picking up for Little Lady Fuller.







To you, Little Lady Fuller... With SO MUCH LOVE from your Mommy!

2 comments:

Lexie said...

unbelievable! so much patience! i couldn't do it, that's amazing! i cant believe all the little picots. great job! you must be nesting :)

Brandy said...

it is so cute! congratulations!