It's been three months since my last Day's update for Sawyer... I have no idea where to start with all the things he has done over the last three months... Everyday he does something new. Watching him grown up has been absolutely amazing!
Sawyer is 1 year and 7 months as of this week (19 Months). Jon and I started writing down all the words he can say and I stopped at about 200. Yeap, TWO HUNDRED!!! Sawyer speaks in sentences. We'll ask him a question, like "Sawyer, do you want to go outside?" and he responds "Yes, I do." He also says things like "I want up.", "I want down." And of course "Mine" is a word he likes to use often! He knows all of his Texas family members names and says most of them well. He also knows all the dogs names. When someone comes over and knocks on door, he shouts "Come In!". This is one of my favorite things he does. It's SO cute!
Other cute stuff: When Sawyer toots, he'll smile at me and hold his booty and say "Noises". When he falls down he says "booty hurts". When I'm nursing Ruby he says "Ruby, hungry, milk". He probably says "I hungry" the most through out the day! When we put Sawyer down for a nap and he doesn't go to sleep right away, sometimes he'll yell "Mommy, Daddy, I stuck" (as in stuck in his crib)! We're still waiting to hear "I love you!". I'm guessing he'll say it to Ruby first :-)
Also, Sawyer finally says "Cracker". For the longest time he would call them cookies and now he knows the difference!
Sawyer likes to play with his animal puppets. He makes them kiss each other!
All tucked in!
One day couple weeks ago, Sawyer was playing on the floor with a car and with each roll back and forth he counted one, two, three, four! I didn't even know he could count! Jon and I had been saying numbers and counting to him, but he hadn't done it himself. Now, he can count up to 7. He says all the numbers up to 10, but I haven't heard him say them in order passed 7.
I'm also thinking he might be teething again... I'm not sure when the 2nd molars come in... His diapers have been HORRENDOUS, seriously clear the room stinky, just awful! He's very irritable, which could also have something to do with the Terrible Twos. He's chewing on his fingers again and the other day he gagged himself and threw-up chunks of Hot Dog and Mac-N-Cheese! Pretty nasty...
Sawyer is SO sweet to Ruby. Amazingly sweet. Couldn't ask for it to have gone any better sweet. I hope his kind and tender nature towards her lasts!
Sawyer likes to wear these Skidder shoes he got from Nannie. He calls them his boots!
The other day I got Sawyer up from his nap and brought him out to the living room to cuddle with me on the couch. He crawled down to the floor, curled up by his toys and slept on the floor for about a half hour. It was pretty funny! :-)
He is very attached to Jon right now. It's very sweet, but kind of hurts my feelings sometimes too... Like this past Sunday we were at Chucky Cheese and Jon wanted to go play some "big boy" games. So, he passed Sawyer to me so I could hold him and Sawyer screamed, literally SCREAMED, "NO! I want Daddy!!!". I was crushed... When Jon's gone, Sawyer constantly asks for him. Usually Jon's at work, so I tell Sawyer that daddy's at work. This week when Sawyer asked where daddy was, I asked him the question back and he said "Daddy at work". He's definitely his daddy's boy right now!
He is a very happy little boy. Always wanting to play outside and copy everything his mommy and daddy do! He's non-stop, running around most of the time. But, there are times when he will just sit and be still, which is very nice! Jon and I are both really enjoying the age he is at right now :-)
Monday, November 23, 2009
Day's of Sawyer's Life 08/16/2009 - 11/23/2009
Posted by MamaD at 8:52 PM
Labels: Day's of Sawyer's Life, Pictures, Sawyer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh, I miss you all so much! Wish you weren't so far away!
Love you,
Sarah
Post a Comment