Friday, September 4, 2009

36 Weeks with Little Lady Fuller

Other possible Title's for this post:

"Must NOT expose my armpit fat. Will keep hands on Hips."

"Uuuuugggghhhhhh!"

"Exhausted. Stressed. Scared. Exhausted."

"Oh Baby, how I love you and can't wait to meet you!"

"Today was Tough..."

I was SO excited for it to be September. On the 1st I woke up and my first thought was "AAahh, September! It's baby month!" Then, about 10 minutes later it dawned on me "HOLY SCHMOLEY, IT'S SEPTEMBER! The baby could come any day now!!! We don't have diapers! I have nothing for her to wear while we're at the hospital. No cute outfit to bring her home in... Who is going to stay with Sawyer if he isn't able to be in the delivery room with us (which I already know will be a struggle for him)? We don't have an infant car seat. The hospital won't let us leave without a car seat! Where's the bassinet? Where are the sheets for the bassinet? IT'S SEPTEMBER!!!"

I am actually 36 weeks and 3 days as of today. I wanted to wait to make this post until I had my doctor appointment this morning so I could share the most up-to-date information with you all. Here are my stats:

Weight: 155 lbs. (the heaviest I have EVER been. I was 154 when I got to the hospital to deliver Sawyer)

Total Weight Gain: 21 lbs.

Uterus: 35cm - This is GREAT :-) I should be about 36cm based on weeks preggers!

All of this is good. I'm getting fatter and my Uterus growth is on track!

Now, things get tricky... I also had a Growth UltraSound today. Since my uterus measurement has been short in the last few appointments, an UltraSound has been necessary to check on Nugget and how things are going in her liquid world. The UltraSound today revealed that Nugget is about 5 lbs. and based on her size the Technician guesses a due date of Oct. 3rd (Nugget has been measuring an Oct. 5th due date until today, so she is getting bigger!). This is not a surprise since I've been feeling like I'll carry her passed her due date, which is Sept. 29th...

The UltraSound also measures how much amniotic fluid surrounds Nugget. Normal levels of amniotic fluid are considered to be between 5 and 25 cm. At my appointment last month there was minor concern because I was measuring 9... Today's appointment had me at 6. YIKES! This is NOT good news...

Too little amniotic fluid is not good for the baby... So, I will have a Non-stress Test, and a Growth UltraSound at all of my appointments until Nugget is ready to come out. If my amniotic fluid levels drop below 5 the Dr. will want to induce me.

So, of course I came home and googled all of this to check things out for myself... And, now I'm more freaked out than ever! Everything with Sawyer was SO perfect and now this?! I'm a little scared...

I will keep you all updated on a weekly basis now instead of monthly. Please pray for me and Little Lady Fuller! (Mommy needs some comfort!)








For some reason I can't get these two links to attach right...

For more info on Non-Stress Test go to: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/prenataltesting/non-stresstest.html

For more info on Low Amniotic Fluid go to: http://www.babycenter.com/0_low-amniotic-fluid-oligohydramnios_1199460.bc?showAll=true

Now, to end with something happy. Nugget started getting the hiccups! They started a few days ago, late at night, and she has had them every night since :-)

2 comments:

Lexie said...

i checked out the websites, and it sounds like a good portion of women go through this. not to fear! i'm sure your doctors are on top of everything and will monitor closely. at any rate, you're so close to your due date that even if something were to happen now, and she'd have to be delivered, it would be all ok!! take comfort in that!
we're pulling for you
and ps, you look totally gorgeous!!! :) what a beautiful tummy.

Brandy said...

we will be praying that she can stay in as long as possible!