Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Story Too Cute Not to Post

My Grandma, Sawyer & Ruby's great-grandma (who Sawyer calls G'G'), has had Sawyer this week while I'm at the hospital and Jon is working. She sent me an email this morning letting me know how Sawyer is doing. I had to share it because it is SO cute! Sawyer is going to be the BEST BIG BROTHER!

"Sawyer is doing fine but I think getting a little anxious to see his mommy. He is eating well and sleeping well also. He asks often for both you and Jon but is usually satisfied with our explanations. This morning I said you were in the hospital with Baby Ruby and I told him you would be bringing a baby home. He pulled up his shirt and pointed to his tummy and said baby. It was too cute. Then he looked at my tummy and said baby. He also wants me to read the big brother book every time I read to him. He has some kind of understanding about the fact that a baby has arrived!"

I miss Sawyer like crazy! I have never been away from him for an entire day... I am SO happy that he seems to be understanding, at least a little bit, what is going on.

1 comments:

Brandy said...

i think that time in the hospital with franny was some of the hardest time i have had. it is a tough emotional adjustment going from one to two. with the addition of everything going on with little ruby i am quite certain i would be a basket case!