Jon wanted me to cook for him on Valentine's Day, he said that could be my gift to him. We'd have his mom watch the kiddo's so we could have a nice quiet dinner at home. And after dinner we'd go to a movie. No presents, just a nice little date night...
So, when I walked out of the bedroom after getting ready for church yesterday morning, I was surprised to see Jon holding two gift bags out for me! And, even more surprised to see one of the bags was from Ruby's, a little shop I spotted near the boutique I mentioned in a recent post. On my afternoon away from the kiddo's I saw Ruby's and wanted to go in, but the shop was closed due to poor weather conditions. When I got home that evening and told Jon where I had gone and what I had done, I mentioned that I would like to go back to the shop to check it out someday soon... And, there he was, holding a bag from the very same shop. I thought to myself "my man listens!".
Since I wasn't able to go in the shop, I wasn't really sure what I'd find in the bag... Jon did good! (it's a ring)
It got even better opening the second bag. Not only had Jon visited Ruby's, he also went to Francesca's Collections (the boutique I've been mentioning)! Smart, smart man! (hoop earrings)
Turns out, Jon did his V-day shopping a week ago, before I even mentioned the shops to him... WOW! I have to admit, I am very impressed :-)
Monday, February 15, 2010
Keepin' Me On My Toes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment