Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins

My little helper :-)


This is the second time I've made these muffins in the past week and a half! I've been craving chocolate a lot lately and these are a great fix. I found the recipe on www.epicurious.com and after reading through the reviews I modified their recipe to include a full teaspoon of vanilla and two eggs.

Dry ingredients (do not include the sugar).


All ready to mix...


Mixed.


The good stuff! Who knew Zucchini and Chocolate could be so great together? Props to whoever came up with this combo :-) LOVE!


Finished!


Sawyer said "Muffins good. Thanks much!" He ate two. Proof that these are great!



Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins

1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoon sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ pound zucchini, coarsely grated, about 1 cup
1 (6-ounces) package semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.

Whisk together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

Beat together sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer until thick and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.

At low speed, mix in flour mixture until just incorporated.

Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.

Divide among lined muffin cups and bake until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 30 to 35 minutes.

Cool in pan 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.

Makes 12 muffins.

2 comments:

G'ma Lori said...

Looks yummy! I'll have to give it a try! :-)

Siri said...

These look awesome, I will have to try. Healthy too, right? Vegetables! That's what I'm going with : )