Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh Happy Day(s)

I have had two fabulous days! Yesterday, when Jon got home, I got to get out of the house for a while. We've decided to try and give me time away from the house and the kiddo's once a week. Time to do Deanna stuff! This is a much needed step in my life... Two kiddo's can be very overwhelming!

So, back to my time away. I struck out to visit one of my favorite little boutiques and look at pretty clothes, jewelry and accessories (I say look because I can't buy!). I drove the 20 minutes to get there only to discover they were CLOSED due to POOR WEATHER CONDITIONS! I couldn't even be mad because it was so hilarious!!! Poor weather conditions?... HaHAHaHAHa, really? For a northern girl, that was pretty funny...

I continued on to check out Central Market, a grocery store near the boutique that I hadn't been to yet. I've had a few things on my grocery list that I haven't been able to find at my usual stops and thought (hoped) maybe THIS store would have them. When I got there, the place was PACKED. Imagine a Sam's Club sized parking lot completely FULL... I really didn't feel like fighting my way through the aisles of the thousand or so people there, so I drove on through the parking lot to turn around.

At the back of the lot there was a Cost Plus World Market. The lot there was basically empty, so I decided to go in. I wondered around aimlessly for a while, checking out candles and home decor, when I noticed their food section. Then I saw wine and beer and I remembered THIS WINE.

I've been wanting to try it since reading about it on another blog I follow. I asked a sales clerk if they carried Plungerhead wine and sure enough, they did! I snagged up a bottle thinking (maybe) it will pair nicely with what I'm making on Valentine's Day for Jon and me.

I wondered over to the food aisles and found a couple other things on my To Buy When I Find Them list! THIS...

and THIS...

Score!

I recently stocked up on my spices to make recipes like THIS and THIS (FYI - this will be our Valentine's Day meal, to be blogged about later). I purchased my spices at Target for about $4.99/jar. Cost World Market had them in the same cute glass jars, the same weight, but they were $2.25/jar. My point here is that Cost World Market is my new favorite store (at least until I finally visit Central Market!)!!!

This morning, the kids and I ventured over to east Dallas, about an hour away, to purchase THIS...

A toddler bed for Ruby. I know, she's only 5 months old, but I already know this is the bed I want for her. So I've been keeping an eye out for it on Craigslist. I found it yesterday for $30! Super Awesome!

Oh Happy Day(s)! :-)

1 comments:

The Vandy's said...

good for you!!!!! i have to get out by myself to 're-charge'...even if its just grocery shopping or browsing! i'm so glad you are able to get out...we need to plan ahead one of those times you get out, we'll meet up!!